Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome!!!

Hello Everyone - Cameron and I are setting up this website to keep are family and friends that are not close to us updated on our daily lives. We thought it would be a wonderful way for our family and friends to know what we are doing and hope that other family members and friends will join in on the fun!!! We will start by telling a little about each of us and what we have been up to since it has been a long time since some of you have heard from us. Please leave us comments or let us know you were here - we would love to hear from everyone. We hope you continue to check out the site and enjoy our family.
Cameron turned 29 in October. We were just talking about that the other night and we both could not believe he will 30 next year - it just don't seem right!! He is still the service manager at Iseman Homes here in Gillette - he has been with the company a total of 6 years. He loves everything about his job except when they have deadlines on houses and they have to crunch to get the job done - he gets a little stressed. He stays busy around our house. We are currently redoing a wall in our living room by texturing it different and doing a neat new paint job!! He always loves when i come up with ideas (he is a good actor) for him to help out with. Last summer Cameron built a retaining wall with concrete in our front yard. He spent the last part of the summer and a little into fall facing the the front of the wall with stone. It has been quite the project and we've been very lucky to have wonderful friends that have helped him mortar and stick the rocks on the wall - Thanks Jeremy and Rich!! We are still not done as you can't do the mortar if it gets below 40 degrees. We hope to get back to it this spring as early as we can so we can finally get grass!! We have been in our house 3 years and still don't have our yard done - but hopefully we will have it done this summer. Cameron also plays basketball on a city league team and plays every Tuesday night. We enjoy watching him and especially Teylor - he is his daddy's #1 fan and the same goes for him. Cameron and Teylor usually go to the church every Saturday morning and play basketball with some guys from church. Cameron and I both are the 6year old primary teachers at our church. We really enjoy our calling and love teaching and learning from the kids. Cameron is also kept very busy with our little boys - they both love their daddy very much and love wrestling and playing with him - he is a wonderful daddy.
I stay very busy with several different things. I am still working at the hospital on the Medical/Surgical floor. I love my job and love the patients - i do something new every day which keeps my job fun. After I had Parkar i now only work 2 days a week - it has been really nice as the boys are usually only in daycare 1 sometimes 2 days a week. It is just enough to get all three of us out of the house and where the boys (at least Teylor) actually enjoy going to daycare. The hospital has a very nice new daycare program for hospital employees children only. The daycare used to be in the hospital but they built a really big new building right down from the hospital last year and added a lot of new things. On my days off I stay busy with the kids. I scrapbook almost every day - a few hours usually when Parkar takes his afternoon nap. I try to keep up but I'm finding what Cameron has been saying for years is true - I take entirely way to many pictures. I love doing it and love taking pictures. I also take the boys to story time at our library every Wednesday. Teylor really enjoys going and Parkar is starting to really listen. They read the kids books, do crafts, puppet shows, and a lot of really neat things. I also was taking them to a play group (stay at home moms from our church and their kids) every Tuesday. We haven't been to that since September as Teylor goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays - but Teylor can not wait until he can go again in the summer. We usually meet at a park and let the kids play for an hour or so while the moms just chat. My boys keep me VERY busy as they are VERY busy little men - but I enjoy every minute and know I am truly blessed to have such wonderful little boys and a wonderful husband.
Teylor just turned 4 going on 18. He is a smart little whip and very full of energy. He keeps busy playing basketball everyday in the house. He is very into any kind of sports - Cameron and I laugh because if he had the choice to get a really big toy or basketball shorts, baseball gloves or basketball shoes he would pick any sports item over a toy any day. He really likes High School Musical right now - when he is playing basketball we asks us to call him Troy!! He loves my nephews Austin and Dalton and they are into sports a lot so which ever sport they are currently playing that is what Teylor plays - he has outfits for every sport which he often sleeps and plays in. Teylor is going to be playing soccer in the spring and can not wait. He is getting very excited and asks us almost everyday when it's going to be soccer time. He is also going to do a Little Sluggers baseball program this summer - so we are going to be busy. Teylor started preschool this fall and goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays - he really enjoys it and has a lot of fun. If you ask him where he goes to preschool he says "Preschool Academy College." My nephew Austin went to college this year so Teylor likes to think he is in college also. He also loves being a "BIG" brother to Parkar. They are very close little buds. They follow each other everywhere and i often find them both in Teylor's room playing and "talking" to each other - it is so cute. He is a wonderful little man and impresses us every day!!
Parkar is 13months old and a very happy baby. Everybody gets a kick out of him because he doesn't crawl or walk but he scoots all over on his bottom. It is very funny to watch but he can get anywhere he wants to go. He has been a little behind in some things like sitting up and crawling. He started about 3 weeks ago pulling himself up on things and is slowly making process. I was a little worried but the doctors say he will do it when he wants and he just doesn't have the desire to do it. He loves his daddy very much - as soon as Cameron gets home he no longer wants me to help him or anything. Cameron loves it because he always wants to be wherever Cameron is and if I try to get him he just shakes his head no and tucks into him. Hoobie is very care free and just goes with the flow. We can take him anywhere and he is always just content as can be. Oh I forgot we call Parkar Hoobie - Teylor started calling him that when he was about 2 months old and it just stuck - he probably answers to that more than Parkar. He loves to play with any kind of ball. That was his first word and you will usually find him holding a ball in his hand. He loves to pick on his older brother by taking things from him and teasing him. He is very fun and we love watching him learn new things. Again we are very blessed with our two little boys.
Well I know this is very long but hopefully you enjoyed reading it and continue to get out our blogs. Please feel free to leave comments as we would love to hear from everyone. We hope everyone had wonderful holidays and we love and miss you guys. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Raeann,

    I really enjoyed your website and hearing all about your family. It has been a while since I have heard from you and love knowing you have this web site to keep in touch.

    You sound so happy and that is awesome. Cameron sounds like a great husband and your two little boys, Teylor and Parkar are so adorable and boys are so much fun.

    Reading your stories reminds me so much of when my boys were little. Thanks for sharing.

    Keep us posted on how Parkar is doing after his surgery. Our son, Zac had hernia surgery when he was just a year old and reading your story of Parkar, also brought back memories of our hospital visit with Zac. Zac will turn 30 in September of 2009.

    Much love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Raeann and Cam. We can't wait to see you all in Feb. We sure miss you guys. This great that you have a blog we can keep up with things.
    I hope Hoobie is doing okay. Keep us updated on that.
    We love ya
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I am so glad you guys got your website up and going! It will be so fun keeping up with eachother's families this way. I loved reading about your family. You guys sound like an amazing family! I hope to meet your boys someday soon! It would be so fun to see each other again. Your boys are adorable and you are a wonderful Mommy, I can really see that! I am praying for little Hoobie, hope he recovers very soon!
    Love, Misty Holzwarth

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to fun to catch up! It is so hard to keep up with everyone..so this is great! I just recently got on facebook and that is great to keep up with all the extended familyt that we (Hoobie) was having trouble but hope he is out of the woods now! Love you guys! Take care and hope to get to see you in February!

    ReplyDelete