Friday, January 30, 2009

The Week

First things first - we have had several people email us that they can not leave comments. Here are the directions to leaving a comment - once you figured it out please leave us comments!!! If you are still having problems let us know.

Click on leave a comment.
Type what you want to say in the leave your comment box.
Then click on the bubble next to Name/URL.
In the name box just type your name (leave the url empty)
Finally click publish your comment. (Thanks Misty!)
We hope that will help you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Parkar is doing a wonderful job with pulling himself up. He is always pulling himself up on everything and we have even caught him standing with his legs straight and his hands on the floor with his head between his legs in the middle of the floor. You can tell he wants to stand up by himself so bad but just can't quite get it yet. I have tried to capture the pose in a picture but he moves every time I get the camera - the little stinker. He is growing so much and so fast. In the last week he learned a new word "more" and can sometimes do it in sign language. His daycare teaches the kids sign language and he knows about 5 signs. He has also learned to say u-ohh - at least that's what it sounds like anyway. Last Friday I took the boys swimming with a stay at home moms group. I had all the boys summer stuff packed up but had this swimming suit in Pakars dresser. Cameron told me I couldn't take Parkar out in public with it on as he said it was way to girly for a boy to have it on - needless to say I had to dig out the summer clothes in the garage to get his swimming shorts - but I would like to know what you all think. We are making bets!
Is it too girly or would you let your son wear it???????


He has another cold and has been running fevers the last two days. He has been such a cuddle bug and just wants to be held. Hopefully he will be feeling better this weekend.

Teylor had a bad week last week. He had been acting out and just being ornery and not listening to anything we said. Then on Thursday when I went to pick him up from preschool his teacher wanted to talk to me and said that he hadn't been acting like himself and was withdrawn, not listening or participating with anything on Tuesday and Thursday. I talked to Cameron and we decided to take him on a "date" night - just the 3 of us. We let him pick where he wanted to go and he chose to go to McDonald's. We tried to talk to him about what had been bothering him that week and we slowly got him to talk. He said on Monday his best friend (they have been very good friends since they were like 18months) Bryson told him at daycare that he didn't want to be his friend anymore and was playing with another kid. He said Bryson and Cole wouldn't let him play with them either. Teylor was so heart broken he was angry and sad all at the same time. He was just crying and telling Cameron and I all about it - it was so sad. We tried to explain to him that his friends could have other friends and you could still be friends with them. We talked for about 45 minutes about it and he felt much better after. Cameron and I were so sad because we wanted to fix it but we couldn't - we didn't realize that we would have to deal with these kinda things at such a young age. Cameron sent me a text message while we were there asking if I had any glue because his heart was broke in a million pieces. I think by the end of the night he felt much better. I talked to his teacher on Tuesday and asked how he was and she said he was back to himself. I told her the story and she kinda chuckled and said that is so funny because we are learning all about friends this week - so Teylor was able to learn all about friendship and feels much better!!

Last Friday we went to my nephews basketball game and then we attended "Troys" game!!




Daddy got Teylor a new "Wildcat" ball
And after a long game a basketball star must rest!!

3 comments:

  1. That story broke my heart too!! I had no idea it would start this young either. How say! No wonder he was acting so different, poor little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog - although I know most of what's going on it's still fun to read - Teylor is going to be a singer & Hoobie the guitar man!! It broke my heart to know Teylor was so sad - I love the boys to pieces!!Gram (p.s. I don't think there were any misspellings)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Teylor! You guys are great to take him on a date night and make him feel better! It's tough being a kid and tough being a parent especially when they are sad and you can't fix it all the way! : )
    I vote "no way...too girly fer sure" on the unitard swim suit : ) hehe!

    ReplyDelete