Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rough One

So I really don't know where to start or even what to say - I just need to let my feelings out while I wait for Cameron. Parkar finished his medicine (it will be two weeks tomorrow) two weeks ago. The Sunday that we were camping (which was 4 days after he stopped his medicine) he woke up with a runny nose and his face stunk like it always does when he gets his infection - but I thought no big deal but I knew in the back of my mind this was a VERY bad sign. Last week went by and we were doing good - still had a ucky runny nose but nothing else. Sunday and Yesterday he was acting different, real clingy, fussy, etc. so yesterday I took him to Public Health to have them look in his ears and the nurse said she could see his tube in his right ear (the bad one) and I was so thankful. She did say compared to the left ear the right was a little pinker than the left. Well today he was fine until after nap time. He was crying when he woke up which he never does and I picked him and immediately knew he had a fever. I liked at his ear and sure enough there was green puss draining out of it. I called the nurse line at the Children's Hospital and told her my story again - she said that Dr. Allen was out of town until Monday and said she would look over his notes from our visit and call the on-call doctor and call me back. She called my back within 5minutes and said he needed to come to Denver tonight or tomorrow morning and he needs to be admitted into the hospital. I don't even know what to think - I'm glad because HOPEFULLY he will finally get over this, I'm scared, I don't want to watch him go through the pain of the IV's, picc line, people checking him but at the same time I know this is what he needs, I'm frustrated because we will have to see another NEW doctor (since ours is out of town) and explain everything again - but again know it is for a very good reason and that this will all help Parkar - I'm just numb. Well hopefully one of us will be able to update what we know - and please keep praying for our little Parkar - he needs it. Sorry I just needed to vent and let my feelings out while I sat here and cried - Thanks again and PLEASE PRAY!!!! Raeann

No comments:

Post a Comment