Hey everyone- It's probably been a while since you have all seen an update on our page and-as most of you can claim as well- it's because our life has been pretty full and busy lately. I (Cam) don't do the blogging at all but was asked to add our most recent events as best I can-as Raeann wasn't quite up for sharing all that has occured. I'm not good with dates and such so you will get the best version I have. As you all may be aware Parkar has had continuous problems with his ears draining and not being resolved- well it started again a few weeks ago. We had previosly seen an ear doctor in Denver in late June and he had been doing well, but about three weeks ago he started with the drainage and the fevers so Raeann called the doctor in Denver to see what we needed to do. They informed her that they wanted to see him right away there so they could address it while he had the infection and fevers. So that next morning, Wednesday, we drove to Denver and he was admitted to the childrens hospital. We were told that he would get some IV antibiotics for 2-3 days and then wait to see what his infection results showed. Well, Saturday morning we got some answers- they wanted to keep him on the IV antibiotics for 7-10 days and he would be having surgery on Monday. Their plans were to insert a picline IV and to replace his eartubes to eliminate any more possible infections. Well as we hung around and awaited his surgery on Monday, and all week while we were there, Raeann and I alternated staying at my brother and sister-in-laws house-Ryan and Jenn-who graciously allowed us to be there while they were hosting Jenn's parents at their place also. Sunday night Raeann took her turn at their house and was already nervous about the surgery for Parkar the next day and planning(as the wonderful mother she is does) on getting to bed quickly and getting up early to be at the hospital to be there with him. The next morning she had talked with me around 4am,not quite the early that I was anticipating, and was having some cramping pains. Now she had been bleeding since wednesday and had talked with her doctor and he had not expressed too much concern about her symptoms so we felt like all was ok in that aspect. I was thinking that she was most likely having some physical reactions to all of the worry and stress that she had been through all week and was concerned that lack of sleep would make her upcoming day even more difficilt so I told her she needed to try to get more sleep or she could leave Teylor there and come to the hospital. Well the cramping turned into contractions within about 20 minutes and thats when we both knew something wasn't right- she had called her doctor and he said to get to a hospital. She went upstairs to see if Jenn could take her while I in the meantime was searching out her symptoms on the internet. All the information was leading to one answer and as I tried to get back a hold of Raeann everything began. She had gotten Jenn and Ryan up and Ryan had a friend coming over to help give her a priesthood blessing- Raeann needed to go to the bathroom and while she was there she miscarried the baby. Thankfully- Jenn and Ryan were there to get her help(as well as Jenn's parents and Ryans friend Will--Thank You to all)- the ambulance came and took her to the hospital where they took care of her,the baby, and surgically removed any remaining items of concern. She had lost a lot of blood and was pretty weak as well as traumatized by the whole series of events but, as said before "as the wonderful mother she is" was immediatly worried about her boys. ( Who would be with Parkar for his surgery and what will Teylor do when he wakes up--"I promised him I would not leave him"- she said) That single moment was one of the most selfless acts I have ever been witness to---She didn't worry about her pains or troubles or how much she had been through at all, but more about what those she loves are in need of. We are all blessed to have such a loving and thoughtful mother and wife to care for us above herself at even her lowest of lows. I don't mean to get off on a tanjent but I will forever be amazed at her for the kind of person that she is and I wanted to express my gratefulness for her to all who may come upon this blog. So to continue-- I had called Raeanns mom and she was on a mad dash to get to Denver- Ryan and I had swapped places so I could go be with Raeann. He and Raeann's Mom (Pam) would be there for Parkar when he got out of Surgery. All of the staff at The Childrens Hospital were extremely helpful in that transition as well. Parkar didn't have to have the picline in but they did install new tubes and they removed his adenoid regrowth. The doctor who performed the surgery called me afterwards and let me know how it all went-Parkar did great and has been doing wonderfully since. Teylor also did well- he was so preoccupied trying to play Mario-Cart that I couldn't hardly talk to him on the phone to tell him what was going on. Raeann stayed at the hospital for observation and her and I got to do a lot of talking and "soul searching" for lack of a better word. I know this might be disturbing or strange to some of you but I got to see the baby(she miscarried at 17 1/2 weeks but the baby was about the size of a 12 week old they said) What a miracle they truly are - even at the very early stages of life. They were also very wonderful at Raeanns hospital and assisted in our concerns and questions about the baby-whom we lovingly named Berkley J. Gulley. Raeann was released at about 3 that afternoon and she wanted to immediatly go and see Parkar. We went and saw him in just enough time for him to get released also. We all went and stayed the night at Ryan and Jenn's and then we headed back home to Gillette the following morning. We all spent the remainder of that week at home just being together and hangin around the house. There were many friends, family members , and members of our church who extended a willing hand of assistance as well as their heartfelt sympathys- Thank You for all of the love and support. We as a family have undoubtedly grown closer because of these events and we have also felt a strong love that our Heavenly Father has for us. It wasn't the most ideal circumstances in which this could have come to be and one might possibly even wonder why but I know without any question that we will be stronger spiritually as a family and individuals from our experience. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and that he has a plan for All of us to be together again one day, with that we will also have the joy of reuniting with our little Berkley(and the rest of our loved ones) and be able to be a complete family for all eternity. Our Heavenly Father is extremely aware of each of us and is there for us at all times but especially in our times of need- We can personally attest to that because of the unexpected blessings of love and comfort that we felt and continue to feel and receive. We are so overwhemingly blessed in ours lives and our eyes have been awakened to how wonderful things truly are. For all that are reading this, you are each a blessing in our lives as well and our love goes out to each one of you. We love you and are so grateful to have you in our lives. We will keep you posted with any more events and the continued progression and happenings in our lives. Love You Bye
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been trying to post a comment on this post for several days now. It wouldn't even open up for me to leave a comment, but it did now!
ReplyDeleteYour words made me cry Cameron! You do have an amazing wife that is for sure! You guys are such a wonderful couple and a real example of what true love is. I am so happy you guys have each other during this very hard time.
Again, we are SO very sorry for the loss of your precious baby. If I could do or say something that would help take your pain away, I would in a heart beat. But I know there is nothing anyone can do, so just know that we are always here if you guys ever need anything at all! It is so hard being so far away, I wish we lived closer! Just know though, that no matter the distance, we are still here for you guys!
I know we will never get answers as to why this happened until we get to heaven one day ourselves, but it will be wonderful when we finally do get there and have our babies waiting for us!
We are praying for your precious family and praying that it gets a little easier as more time goes by. Praying for both physical and emotional healing.
We are so happy we got to meet your beautiful family! You guys are so blessed with your two precious boys, they are adorable! Just love on them extra whenever you are down. Kids seem to have an amazing sense about them and can tell when Mommy and Daddy need a hug. Just hold those two extra tight!
We love your family and are praying for you!
I cried too when reading this. I didn't realize that you guys were even expecting until just a few days ago. It is so hard to keep up with everybody. :( I was also touched by Raeann's unselfish love and love. What a traumatic experience and some major trials you have had.. but you guys will triumph over them as it's obvious that you are relying on Heavenly Father and are so faithful. We love you guys and appreciate your great example to us. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. I am so grateful for the knowledge of Eternal families too! Love you! Deidi
ReplyDelete