Monday, February 23, 2009

Watch out it's going to Blow!!

Teylor asked Santa for a "volcano that erupts" for Christmas. He has been asking us to make it with him for a couple weeks so we finally did it - he had a blast!! We watched Cam as he put the plaster on and got it all to stick together.
Once Cameron was done Teylor was in charge of drying it. Teylor would dry it for a little bit and take a break and then come back and dry it again. All in all it took about 30 minutes to dry.
As you will see he kept himself VERY busy while he was waiting. Cameron and I were downstairs for about 5-10 minutes and Teylor was being very quiet (that's always a bad sign) so I went upstairs to find him keeping himself busy by applying lipstick all over his face!!!

BUSTED!!

I told Cameron "hey the good news is at least he knows where to apply it!!" He didn't think that was funny.
After all the plaster dried Teylor got to start painting it. He worked very hard to make sure every last piece of white plaster was covered with brown paint. He did a very good paint job.

Then Cameron had the idea to put dirt and trees (weeds) around it.
Teylor got to inject the "lava" and watch it erupt over and over!!
Uhh Ohh Sheriff had to come see what all the commotion was about and sent in Mader and Red to take care of the problem!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that really looks like fun!! Love the lipstick Teylor! I think all kids have to do that at least once! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project...even the lipstick. I love having you share the day-to-day things with us.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete